Final PracticeÂ for AAA Texas 500
Texas Motor Speedway
Friday, November 1 5:05 pm ET
50 minutes in length
A tad cooler than the first session but still 12 mph winds
No drivers were penalized for this session.
Top-20 Speeds (Single Lap)
Best Lap Averages
Items of Note:
- Ryan Blaney started in Q trim in this session and made a couple lap run before heading back to the garage.
- Kevin Harvick has gotten the most points at 1.5-mile tracks this season so far which bodes well for him making a playoff push the next two races.
- Martin Truex Jr. was feeling a vibration in his car the last time out on the track and the team is trying to diagnose the issue.
- Ryan Newman was testing the outside groove early in this session and was able to pass a couple of cars on the outside.
- Seven minutes into the session there was a pack of about six cars racing in a loosely formed group to see how the cars handle in the…